Drive A Free Car Or Get Paid $500 Per Month To Drive Your Car With An Advertisement On It Web-Stat web traffic analysis

Monday, August 27, 2007

A special place for Felipe Massa - Turkish GP - Ferrari - Race

With Felipe Massa crossing the line just over two seconds clear of Ferrari-team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, the team secured their sixth victory of the season and for Massa back to back wins at Istanbul Park. The Brazilian dominated the race from the pole position and the fast-starting Raikkonen was unable to find a way ahead of his team-mate.

The results closes Ferrari to within 11 points of rivals McLaren Mercedes in the constructors' championship, while Massa moves third in the drivers' championship standings one point ahead of Raikkonen and 15 behind title leader Lewis Hamilton.

Felipe Massa“This is becoming a special place for me! It is a really great win! I maintained my concentration for the whole race, trying to control the situation. Only towards the end of the second stint did I make a small mistake at Turn 7 which cost me the gap I had over Kimi, who closed right up to me. I made a very good start and the car behaved perfectly even though it has to be said it was a difficult race. Today’s result is a great encouragement when looking to the final part of the season. It is fantastic to head to Monza after a weekend like this. We must continue to work in this same way and give it our best shot."

Kimi Raikkonen
“Of course I would like to have won but probably the race was decided in yesterday afternoon’s qualifying session. When your main rival is your team-mate, there are less unknown factors and even less room to come up with something.
However, the important thing is to have put two Ferraris in front of everyone else and, in any case, we have made up ground on the championship leader. I got a good start then I had a bit of understeer which went away after a few laps. The second set of tyres did not work as well as the first. The quick lap at the end? I was a bit bored with spending the whole race behind another car and so I tried to see how quick I could have been. In Monza I will have to try and do a good qualifying to be in the best possible situation for the race.”

No comments:

Formula1mall_banner2